Saturday, February 19, 2011

you are so gonna like me..


..ya singapore?

i thought the post on my recent visit to you was kinda a bit too brief to do you justice..so okay, i'm gonna expand a little bit more here..

one of my side visits while there was to their friendly neighborhood McD.. :O) and Oooo..they had quite different burger/chicken meals there compared to here.. Samurai Burger & Spicy McWings caught my attention !! the chili sauce was different too.., so bright and lip-stick red..and somehow the chicken tasted kinda healthier?? nvm..maybe my tongue was just playing tricks on me...

then on the second day of my visit, just prior to rushing back to my beloved "tanah-air ku", my friends took me to Bedok Town hawker centre for some delicious street foods, singapore style..

my first hunt was for their version of ckt. the char koay teow tasted weird (what to do? every version of ckt must compare to penang one mah..hehe) but decent enough...hmm, i think i can live with that..

the chicken rice was however absolutely fabulous. never have i seen such healthy-looking and nicely presented plate of chicken rice from a stall ever !! my goodness, i kept wondering.."how come so clean one this chicken? can eat one ah?"..and of course, it tasted like what good, clean chicken rice should..

then i also had this funny looking kon-lou meen (dry noodles) which was strangely wriggly but with a naturally springy quality to it and it was kinda nice too, maybe because it wasn't massively coated with huge amounts of boric acid that i'm so used to over here..hmmm












...and so after that, i rushed back, flew across the causeway and got completely lost in JB..and all the while thinking about that can of ice lemon tea i had in bedok..filled with envy, confusion, and a tinge of sadness..

anyway, au revoir..let's hope we meet again..soon enough.. :O)

No comments:

cyanide & happiness

Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic
Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net

the time now is..


traffic


View My Stats




forever & ever..

forever & ever..
in sickness or in health, for richer or for poorer..