Thursday, April 3, 2008

Aiyoh..you not scared meh..?

My friend would ask me, as she put her arms lovingly round her boyfriend while we chomped down a late afternoon lunch, in a rather trendy cafe located in one of the classier parts of town. "You not scared meh?", she kept asking..."when you are old and gray and all alone, then you know", as I rolled and stared at her blandly with the white of my eyes for a good 5 seconds, before I resumed slurping up strands of my spaghetti vongolie. "Aiyah...you think both of you will be together forever meh..?", I retorted. "You see, you see...he's already looking at that sweet young thing over there while you are wrapping him so tightly over here with your tentacles"..which disrupted Brian's (not his real name) brief misadventure only to face the octopus in front of him, with the most defensive look on his face, and spurting excuses that any three year old could outdo. "Seriously Sally (not her real name either)", I reasoned with her, "you guys are going to be old too and if you two still happen to be together, you think both of you can go at the same time meh? One of you will sure kick the bucket first one..if he goes first, you will also be left alone, not scared ah?!!"..That stumped her for a while and she went back to twirling her fettuccine while absentmindedly stabbing at the pieces of ham, twirling and stabbing, and Brian throwing out furtive glances at the more attractive side of the wall now and then, and kicking me under the table as a warning not to blow his cover again.

"And besides", I said to her as a matter of fact, "I like my freedom. I like the fact that I can splurge on myself as often as I like. I get to stay out as late as I want, go anywhere I want, do anything I want and I am always available to any sweet young thing...hahaha...right Brian?"

And of course, Sally must always have the last word on any topic that we argue about ..."Well, at least I got someone here to bury me when I die...!!" as she stuck her tongue out at me and placed a big peck on Brian's cheek, leaving tiny pieces of ham on his face...

No comments:

cyanide & happiness

Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic
Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net

the time now is..


traffic


View My Stats




forever & ever..

forever & ever..
in sickness or in health, for richer or for poorer..

Blog Archive