Monday, April 14, 2008

So what did I do ah..?


I went to town yesterday lor..ate at a nice cafe in Cheras near the UCSI campus, watching the world go by as I sipped on my iced lemon tea and finished off a plate of rice with nonya curry chicken. There were quite a number of students out looking for dinner too, so it was kind of interesting to reminisce about the old days when I was a student myself. I remember the top most in my mind when I was a student was..hey, where are we going for lunch or dinner? That's what most of us would just think about then. Nothing but food, mostly..and inadvertently all dinner talks would turn to what special notes someone has, or what's the easiest, simplest book to get as compared to the huge voluminous recommended texts given out by the school. Of course, there were the usual, boyfriend-girlfriend issues, gossips or rumors that without which those meals would have been so much less enlightening or enriching, just like the must-have appetizer or dessert.

Hmm..if I had known that there was an organized "freeze" at the pavilion yesterday, I would have gone there instead. Would have been interesting and fun to be part of this global phenomenon..People, total strangers being still, as in not moving or stopped right in their tracks, all at the same time, in a public environment..watch the youtube below:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-e4o4F0DvaI

Just says so much about our shared humanity as opposed to the constant disunity in our diversity that we are always led to believe.

No comments:

cyanide & happiness

Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic
Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net

the time now is..


traffic


View My Stats




forever & ever..

forever & ever..
in sickness or in health, for richer or for poorer..

Blog Archive