Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Oh Lord...it's so hard to be humble..


2 minutes and 38 seconds left..yes..

That's me staring at the stop-clock on the thread-mill machine going at 6km/hr. Started doing like 30 minute routines in the very beginning but that somehow got reduced to 5 minute runs lately. The excuse? Well, I am spending more time nowadays on the weight machines plus doing 200+ crunches every other day. This has been my everyday activity after work since December last and I am so surprised that I have managed to maintain the momentum even though it has been getting somewhat shorter and shorter times being spent at the gym lately. Still, I am quite pleased with the results I am seeing so far.

As I stare at myself in the full-length mirror each time after a work-out session, I just cannot erase that melody out of my head..without fail, each time as I look in the mirror.."...oh Lord, it's so hard to be humble...when you're perfect in every way.." at other times, it's another tune that creeps in.."I'm too sexy for my body, too sexy for my...." It's weird but I swear, I just cannot shut them out..or refrain from typical locker-room jibes at my buddies.."hey, look at these pecs..." as I strike a pose..."Ya ya ya",...my buddy would say out loud..."they look like they are turning into very nice cleavage..."

And of course, there had been rather futile attempts too to make the sculpturing process go faster by ingesting wonderful pills and doing crash diets only to give them up a week or so later. Just yesterday, I popped a yellow looking capsule that supposedly helps to keep one from eating or have thoughts about food only to have the feeling of a walking zombie for the rest of the day with the appearance of a botoxed look on my face until today. Hmm..guess that one just went out the window. Today, there's this new white oblongish-looking pill..and I am having second thoughts about popping that one into my mouth.

But I guess at the end of the day, when all else fails, I can always rely on this image of a good friend of mine who could blindly roll down a bowling alley and still make a strike each time. And to keep me arduously fixed to my gym routine, I should also maintain that image of him emerging out of the sea like some greek god ala ursula andress, in a period of 6 months or so, and back again to the bowling ball physique in just as short a time..

Hmm..vanity..

No comments:

cyanide & happiness

Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic
Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net

the time now is..


traffic


View My Stats




forever & ever..

forever & ever..
in sickness or in health, for richer or for poorer..

Blog Archive